Candle Care & Safety
At Ocean Sands Collective we want you to love every moment of your triple scented candle. However, with optimal enjoyment of your candle it requires caution and awareness of the risks and ensuring you are following safety precautions.
- Burn your candle within sight
- Keep away from flammable items or items that can easily catch fire.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Store your candle in a cool dry place and out of direct sunlight when not in use.
- Do not burn your Ocean Sands Collective large candle for less than 1 hour or more than 4 hours at a time.
- Do not burn your Ocean Sands Collective mini candle for less than 30 minutes and no more than 2 hours at a time.
- By burning your candle for a minimum time will ensure an even burn pool and prevent tunnelling.
- Again, to extinguish your candle, use a snuffer or blow it out gently. Never use liquid or the lid of the candle to extinguish the flame.
- Before re-lighting your candle again, trim your wick to 6mm.
- To prevent soot from forming around the glass, keep your wicks trimmed properly with a wick trimmer.
- Ensure all multi-wicked candles are all lit each time the candle is used to ensure an even burn.
- To remove soot that has formed on the glass, extinguish flame and allow candle to cool and set again, then wipe with a damp paper towel.
- When not using the candle, keep it covered with the lid to avoid the build up of dust on the wax.
- When you have finished your candle, wash out with warm soapy water and re-use the beautiful jars around the home!
CANDLE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Always place a candle on a stable, heat resistant surface before burning.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle. Gently blow it out or snuff the flame with one of our candle snuffers to out the flame out safely.
- If burning more than one candle at a time, leave at least 10cm between each burning candle.
- Never use your candle if the glass is cracked, chipped or broken.
- When your candle has 15mm of solid wax remaining in any of our candles. We do not advise to continue burning your candle below this. You can wash with warm soapy water and re-use it for other purposes around the house! They make for a great vase, make up brush jar and more.
- Never introduce foreign objects or liquids to the candle and keep it free from wick trimmings, matches or other flammable materials.
- Never move a burning candle. Extinguish your candle, wait for wax to solidify and cool down and make sure jar has cooled down before handling.
- Avoid burning your candle in draft prone areas such as an open window, air duct or fan.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org